Recognizing its responsibility to provide the best possible educational services to its students, Light of Christ Catholic Schools (LOCCS) hold the following statement of beliefs:
1. Teacher and In-School Administrator effectiveness is the most important in-school determinant of student learning.
2. Teacher and In-School Administrator effectiveness is a shared responsibility between individual staff members and LOCCS.
3. Supervision practice and procedures should reflect current research as applicable to local needs, conditions, and LOCCS priorities.
4. One means of ensuring Teacher and In-School Administrator effectiveness is a program of supervision and evaluation.
5. The primary purpose of the program of supervision and evaluation is to improve professional staff effectiveness (formative supervision).
6. The secondary purpose of supervision and evaluation is to provide a basis for decisions regarding retention, re-assignment or termination (summative evaluation).