School Community Councils
As a school community council member, you can help your council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in your school. Education is a partnership involving parents, students, teachers, principals, school boards and the community. Your involvement in the council gives you the opportunity to strengthen that partnership, and to be part of a dedicated team working to ensure a high quality education for the students of Light of Christ Catholic Schools. Your participation will make a difference!
SCCs are established to:
- Facilitate continuing communication and promote mutual understanding between the school and the community.
- Share responsibility for the learning success and the well-being of all pupils.
- Encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes.
- Provide an ongoing organization that will help listen to and communicate the opinions, concerns and proposals of the electors (city ratepayers) and parents/guardians.
- Ensure these concerns and proposals are brought to the attention of the Board of Education.