School Community Councils
As a school community council member, you can help your council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in your school. Education is a partnership involving parents, students, teachers, principals, school boards and the community. Your involvement in the council gives you the opportunity to strengthen that partnership, and to be part of a dedicated team working to ensure a high quality education for the students of Light of Christ Catholic Schools. Your participation will make a difference!
SCCs are established to:
- Facilitate continuing communication and promote mutual understanding between the school and the community.
- Share responsibility for the learning success and the well-being of all pupils.
- Encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in school planning and improvement processes.
- Provide an ongoing organization that will help listen to and communicate the opinions, concerns and proposals of the electors (city ratepayers) and parents/guardians.
- Ensure these concerns and proposals are brought to the attention of the Board of Education.
The First Annual Saskatchewan School Community Council Conference
The First Annual Saskatchewan School Community Council Conference will be held at the Light of Christ Learning Centre, 1202 105 St., North Battleford, Saskatchewan from Friday, March 16 – Saturday, March 17, 2018. School Community Council representatives, School Board members, parents of school-aged children, and other interested community members are invited to attend.
Please register by February 23, 2018 at https://lccsd.inviteright.com/sccloccs